Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Peer Who Has Been to the Arena

My friend from back home, who's name is Shane Timmons, went to a Bayern Munich v. Dortumund game when he visited Germany in 2012. I called him over the phone and asked him his impression of the arena. Below is his response.

Shane: "I've grown up as a die hard Bayern Munich fan, so the feeling was actually pretty surreal to me. It first hit me when I entered the parking lot and I saw the stadium lit up half red, half white. I know literally nothing about architecture, so it's hard for me to comment on much about that. But I can tell you that the smartest thing the architect did was to install the lights that light up the outside of the building. It's almost like it's a landmark for us Bayern fans and it felt awesome to see it. When I went in, I walked up to my seat, which was literally in one of the top couple rows. I could see the entirely white seats, except for the red seats on the other side of the field that spelled out "FC Bayern." I also noticed that the seats slope down to the field at a much steeper slope than any stadium in America. After that, honestly, I payed too much attention to the game to notice anything else about the building."

No comments:

Post a Comment